Branding is one of the most difficult things for a company, but it can also be the most rewarding. A brand creates an identity for your company, something that tells the public exactly what you’re all about and how you should be viewed. Your brand should mirror how your audience views you already and emphasize your known strengths. Easier said than done, right? Here are a few key qualities of a good brand:
1. A good brand must be clear. The message of your brand should be easily understood. Your audience shouldn’t have to work to understand it. Keep it simple. Otherwise they’ll lose interest fast.
2. A good brand must be consistent. Your brand should be consistent from your logo and website into advertisements, brochures, business cards, and anything else related to your company. This strengthens your identity and allows for your audience to make connections.
3. A good brand must be memorable. Making your brand different enough to stand out amongst your competition is crucial. A unique brand will peak interest and make it more memorable.
4. A good brand must allow for change and growth. Successful companies are always evolving. This means that your brand must evolve, too. Your brand should always be consistent with your company’s identity, especially when it changes.
5. A good brand must dig deeper. Your brand should be more than just a pretty logo with eye-catching colors. It should represent your company’s personality as a whole. It should also inform people on what you’re all about. A generic slogan, no matter how catchy, will most likely confuse your audience and leave them with no knowledge of what you actually do.
Feeling overwhelmed? We can give you the help you need. Our Quinlan Path process will provide you with in-depth information on how your brand is viewed, both internally and externally. With our findings, the Quinlan Path will lead you towards the development and successful execution of your new brand so your business can reach its full potential. Contact us to get started!