Here are a few basics to keep in mind when preparing your Facebook business page for Timeline:
1. Always use your logo as your profile picture. This is the image your audience will see when you post new updates, photos, videos, and communicate with others. Your profile picture will be shown as a thumbnail, so be sure it is sized appropriately.
2. Don’t leave your cover photo blank. Highlight your store front, your full logo, or a unique design that encompasses your brand. Your cover photo can be changed whenever you choose, but be sure you choose something that highlights your features and incorporates your brand personality.
3. Check the rules. Facebook has specific rules for what can and cannot be in your cover photo. For example, you are not allowed to include a sales pitch or call to action in the cover photo. For a complete list, ask us or visit this page.
4. Populate your timeline. Add interesting facts about your business such as founding date, and fill in photos and milestones when possible.
5. Explore the features. Timeline has plenty of new features to keep you busy for a while. Look into the pin to top feature, where you can keep important posts at the top of your page for 7 days; arrange your custom apps; add new photos and milestones; and check your new insights pages.
Last but not least, contact us! We’ll be happy to help you make your Timeline stand out from the competition.