Social media is breaking ground into the marketing field at a quick pace. But it’s also important for the other positions in your company to take advantage of what social networking has to offer.
Social media isn’t worth anything if you don’t use the information you receive to improve your business. Not everyone needs to be actively participating in social networking sites, but they do need to listen to the input and absorb the insights of your audience.
Some people don’t feel comfortable with social networking – so don’t force them! Your company image will improve when people are willingly participating and listening… not when they’re forced. Your more savvy employees should be up to the challenge and eager to learn what social media has to offer.
We all know by now that social media can help with marketing and promotion. Social media can also help with other areas of your business:
- Product Development: Your staff can get ideas on product improvement and requests.
- Human Resources: Social networks help in recruiting, competitive hires, and give a glimpse of how your company is viewed externally.
- Customer Support: Social media gives your customers a chance to ask you questions, give your products praise, and tell you what issues they may have.
- Business Development: See current market trends, competitor positioning and pricing.
- Legal or Compliance: Social media allows you to monitor participation and make sure issues are handled in a timely manner.
Remember, the main benefit of social media is the fast flow of communication between you and your customers. It’s important that once you’ve gotten the information you need, you take proper action to improve.